Thursday, September 9, 2010

K.C. Weekend

This past weekend Andrew and I went to Kansas City to eat at The Melting Pot. Last year went we went up to see Tiesto we wanted to eat there, but didn't have reservations. So, since we had a long holiday weekend, we decided to make reservations and go pig out. The first course is cheese fondue with bread, vegetables and apples to dip in it. I didn't care much for anything in the cheese except for the bread. Second course is the entree. Andrew got steak and shrimp and I got chicken. There are two kinds of batter and then you fry it in oil in your fondue pot. There were about eight different sauces to dip it in once it was cooked. The meat wasn't all that tasty, but the broccoli was yummy. Now the best part and the part that made it all worth it? DESSERT! Melted milk chocolate with crunchy peanut butter swirled in. Brownie bites, cheesecake, Rice Krispy treats, marshmallows, strawberries and bananas to dip in it. Holy cow, it was good. We had to get more brownies and Rice Krispy treats. So good.

Sunday we went shopping at The Legends. Andrew bought some cowboy boots since eventually we are going to go horseback riding and you have to have cowboy boots to ride a horse of course. Then...I got to eat at Jersey Boyz, my all-time favorite. I love their sandwiches--okay, I've only eaten one kind--Turkey and Provolone, but I love it! After eating we drove home. The end. (I got tired of typing so that's the end of this post-no conclusion, just "the end".)








No comments: