Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend



Boyfriend bought me flowers for coming home safely from Omaha on Monday. What a sweetie. My mom and I went to visit my brother over a wonderful excuse for a three-day Labor Day weekend. We didn't really do a whole lot, but I enjoyed it just the same. We went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, which is an insanely large place with an insanely large number of idiots people shopping for everything from armoires to zebra-printed area rugs (everything from A-Z, get it?!).


My brother bought a bedroom set, which incidentally looks exactly nothing like this:


We ate at this really suave restaurant called O Dining that had really good Asian cuisine. I had Hot Braised Chicken with brown rice. It was not nearly spicy enough yummy. It didn't make my nose run like I wanted it too though. On Monday, before we left, we ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory where I ordered a low-calorie, weight management Pear and Endive Salad Crispy Chicken Costoletta and Dulce de Leche cheesecake. At least I took the cheesecake to go.


After driving the speed limit hauling ass for five hours cursing at left-lane drivers the whole way, I got home just in time to spend some quality time with the XBox 360 boyfriend and go to stupid work the next morning.

Ta da!!! Two posts in one day! Anything to get out of work I did this whole post on my 15 minute break. Ahem. Sure.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. It must be nice coming home to beautiful flowers...not to mention who doesn't love the Cheesecake Factory! Yum

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. The flowers are beautiful. We have a Cheese Factory near us. I will need to check it out.