Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lunch, a movie and my favorite baby



Jodi and I went to lunch and a movie today for our birthdays. We both turn...29 this month. Jodi just did on the 1st. I will on the 7th. We saw Defiance, a film based on the true story of the Bielski brothers who, during WWII, led a resistance against the Germans by surviving in the forests of Belarussia. At war's end 1200 Jews were saved. I'm a huge history nut and actually contemplated becoming a Holocaust historian so I really enjoy learning new stories about Jewish resistance. 1200 people may not seem like a lot but considering 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust, their story of survival and triumph is truly amazing.

A big shout out of thanks to Ryan for taking the afternoon off work so Jodi and I could go out. What an awesome guy! Olivia was adorable as usual. The pictures are a bit blurry because she was always on the move! She woke up from her nap shortly after I got there and it was so cool to see her standing in her crib waiting for us. What a big girl! Oh and just in case you forgot; I'm raising money for the March for Babies. Over there in my sidebar is a link. Help! Jodi's kicking my butt!

A good day, a good lunch and a good movie. Now I'm thinking a hot shower and a good book. Not at the same time of course.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I had a great time as well. It felt like a normal afternoon out with a friend. My life hasn't felt too normal lately. Can you believe that Ryan had enchiladas made in the fridge and ready to put in the oven? Now, I'm really going to have to make it up to him. Thanks again for a great afternoon!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!

Shea said...

Happy Birthday Kerry!!!!!!!
:)