Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Meet the Stepkids

Jasmine's my favorite kitty

Doesn't she look warm and cozy?

Anna: the Scared-y Cat

Anna in her natural state

I've always been a dog person; I'd have a hundred if I thought I could get away with it or afford it. I love all animals really, but I've always been allergic to cats so I've never really spent too much time around them. Granted, nothing's cuter than a kitten (except a puppy), but allergies and having a dog who chases and kills small animals for sport doesn't exactly allow for kitty companions. So Andrew's cats are kind of like my step-pets. Anna is the young cat with a short-term memory problem. Every day (or every five minutes, whichever the case may be) you have to remind her that you won't hurt her and that she can let you pet her without hissing and throwing a big fit. She likes her butt scratched while she eats and can hide better than anyone I know. Jasmine (aka Jazzy, Jazzy Jazzerton) is the old girl with diabetes and an independent air. She loves to be cuddled though as long as you don't tell anyone. She loves to drink water out of the bathroom sink and lying in the sun in front of the door.

Odd thing, those cat allergies. Turns out if you put your face in the fur of a cat long enough, your allergies go away!

No comments: