Monday, November 17, 2008

My Life in Music

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. When you go to a new question, press the next button
5. For every question, type the song that's playing
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.

Opening Credits: Respect the Wind-Twister soundtrack (all instrumental)

Waking Up: All That She Wants-Ace of Base-“When she woke up late in the morning light and the day had just begun, she opened up her eyes and thought ‘o what a morning’.” (seriously)

First Day At School: I Believe In You (Je Crois en Toi)-Il Divo featuring Celine Dion-“Follow your dreams; be yourself, an angel of kindness. There’s nothing that you can not do. I believe, I believe, I believe in you.”

Falling In Love: These Arms of Mine-Otis Redding (Dirty Dancing soundtrack)- “I need your, I need your tender lips, to hold me, to hold me together when I'm around you.”

Fight Song: Where is Your Heart?-Kelly Clarkson-“ I don't understand; your love is so cold. It's always me that's reaching out for your hand. And I've always dreamed that love would be effortless, like a petal fallin' to the ground; a dreamer followin' his dream.”

Breaking Up: What You Believe In-Take That-“Give me what it is you belive in 'cause I give to you my truth. I got all my faith in you. I don't know which way we are going. Doesn't matter anyway. Just as long as you will stay.”

Prom: Love in This Club-Usher-“You say you’re searchin’ for somebody that’ll take you out and do you right. Well come here baby and let daddy show you what it feel like.” (Yikes)

Life: (I’ve Had) the Time of My Life-Dirty Dancing soundtrack-“'Cause I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you.” (I can’t make this stuff up)

Mental Breakdown: Forgiven-Alanis Morissette-“We all had delusions in our head. We all had our minds made up for us. We had to believe in something. So we did.” (what's a mental breakdown without a good ole Alanis Morissette song to go with it?)

Driving: Kick My Ass-Big and Rich-“Why does every body want to kick my ass? I'm just trying to have a little fun for all the ones who can't. Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and drive my truck too fast. Why does everybody want to kick my ass?”

Flashback: The Sound of Silence-Simon and Garfunkel-“Hello darkness, my old friend, Ive come to talk with you again; because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping. And the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains, within the sound of silence.”

Getting Back Together: Get Stoned-Hinder-“Without a doubt the break up is worth the make up sex you're givin me. Let's hash it out cause your bitchin and your yellin don't mean anything. Don't count me out; I can handle all the baggage that you're carrying. You wear me out. But it's all right now.”

Wedding: Imagine-John Lennon-“You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one.” (Yeah. Imagine me. Getting married. Ha.)

Birth of Child: Hey There Delilah-Plain White T’s-“Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away but girl, tonight you look so pretty; yes you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you; I swear it's true.” (no clue; maybe I’ll have a kid named Delilah some day?)

Final Battle: Angel-Leona Lewis-“We're like Romeo and Juliet; families can't divide us. Like the tallest mountain or the widest sea. Nothing's big enough to hide us.”

Death Scene: Hoist the Colours-Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack-“Yo, ho, all together, hoist the colors high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.”

Funeral Song: Long Way Down-Goo Goo Dolls-“Long way down, I don't think I'll make it on my own. Long way down, I don't want to live in here alone. Long way down, I don't think I'll make it on my own.” (I hope this doesn’t mean I’m going to hell…)

End Credits: Carry Me Away-Armin Van Buuren-“And you call out, I can't hear you, I can't feel you, no I can't feel nothing. And you call out, I can't hear you, no I can't hear nothing. And you all look the same, now. You all look the same, now.”

Now wasn't that fun?!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Opening Credits: She Gathers Rain by Collective Soul

Waking Up: Air on the G String by Trio Lyra Sweet Lullabies (Good song to wake up to)

First Day At School: Free Loop by Daniel Powter

Falling In Love: Summertime by New Kids on The Block

Fight Song: Mercy by Duffy

Breaking Up: Please Please Please by Fiona Apple

Prom: God Loves Ugly by Jordin Sparks (what does THAT mean?)

Life: Window by Fiona Apple

Mental Breakdown: Silence is Golden by Blake Lewis

Driving: Lost on the Stoop by Daniel Powter

Flashback: I Ain't In Checotah Anymore by Carrie Underwood

Getting Back Together: See My Side by Jordin Sparks

Wedding: The More Boys I Meet (the more I love my dog! Haha!) by Carrie Underwood

Birth of Child: Shine by Clay Aiken

Final Battle: You Found Me by Kelly Clarkson

Death Scene: It's Not Over by Chris Daughtry

Funeral Song: Summer Girls by LFO (boy, that didn't work at all.)

End Credits: Contagious by Avril Lavigne

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Very Cool Soundtrack.