Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is an Acceptance Speech required?



My creativeness has been rewarded! Okay, so apparently they felt sorry for me and my puny little blog, but hey, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Hmm...I wonder where that saying came from...Oh, well, according to Wikipedia it comes from something like this:

The value of a horse is related it its age - i.e., a younger horse is more valuable than an older horse. You can determine the relative age of a horse by inspecting its teeth. Back in the day, a horse was commonly given as a gift. If a man received a horse as a gift, and then inspected inside its mouth, he was trying to assess the value of the gift he received. So, the saying means that you should not assess the value of any gift that you receive; rather you should be thankful for the thoughtfulness of the gift-giver. The saying is used in reference to being an ungrateful gift-receiver.

Huh. Did you also know that: As horses age their teeth begin to project further forward each year and so their age can be estimated by checking how prominent the teeth are. This incidentally is also the source of another teeth/age related phrase - "long in the tooth."

Okay now that I've gotten totally off subject, here are the rules of the award:

1. Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you’ve posted your award.
2. Publish these rules.
3. Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support.
4. Grant the prize to 6 people.

Both Jodi and Stacie awarded me with this! I'm doubly-loved!

Six Values That Are Important to Me:
A little thing I like to call, "The Chisle Factor"
1. Compassion
2. Honesty
3. Integrity
4. Selflessness
5. Loyalty
6. Empathy

Six Values That I Do Not Support:
Otherwise known as "The Sharpi Principle"
1. Self-centeredness
2. Hypocrisy
3. Arrogance
4. Racism
5. Pettiness
6. Intolerance

And the six bloggers I'm passing the award to are:
Hmm...it seems that everyone in the known bloggy universe has already gotten this award. Well, here's my list for six that I would give it too if they hadn't already gotten it from someone else first (or if they knew I existed and I was brave enough to actually award it to them)!

Well, there ya go! My award-winning blog has now been recognized for what it is. Um...I'm not sure what that is exactly. But, hey somebody likes it!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yay!! An award. . of course you deserved it. I haven't read that Jodi Piccoult book yet. . .I may have to do that.