Monday, May 24, 2010

I once was lost, but now...I'm still Lost.

Well, I guess I'm not really "lost" per se, but I still have some questions. Like, what the hell happened to Walt and Michael? Who the hell was the woman who raised Jacob and his twin brother? And speaking of Jacob's brother, what the hell was his name? Why was there a polar bear on the island? Why were Hurley's lottery numbers so significant? Why did the "Others" want to kidnap Aaron? Why did "the man in black" turn into smoke? These are the questions that keep me up at night!! But, I must say the emotional, sappy part of me is glad that we all got "closure". We know that they all ended up in the right place--together and happy--although it took death for that to happen. There definitely won't be another show like it.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I never watched Lost. Should I have? I think I thought about it once, but heard there was a polar bear on the island and I thought that seemed silly, so. . .I didn't

Anonymous said...

The ending did seem to render the 6 years insignificant. Pushing buttons, building rafts, blowing up hatches, none of it was directly connected to the final outcome. I guess after the last 6 insane years, no ending could have explained the show in a satisfying way. Some people were sayijng they were all dead on the island but I don't think so. Jacks' dad said "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people." So the island time really had to happen. In the end, they all found each other again and went to the light together. LW

Anonymous said...

rats, a typo, but I'm not doing all that again!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure it rendered the previous six years insignificant. All of the weird things that happened were part of the story of these people's lives, and resulted in their enlightenment in the end. Each character had to find meaning and purpose in their lives, as they were truly "lost" before arriving on the island. No, they didn't explain everything, but for me it was always about the characters anyway. It's amazing how many people are saying "they were dead all along" Uh no. Christian clearly states that wasn't the case. J Dub

Anonymous said...

yeah, I never thought they were always dead. What would be the point of that? I was listening to Whoopi on the View and she was griping about Ben not going into the church. I figure he knew he did some really bad stuff and a lot of it. So he knew he wasn't "ready" yet. It was proposing that when you die, there is something more. Not everyone believes that though. I hope you do "go into the light" and find the people that were most important to you. If you look at it that way, it was an uplifting end to all the crap they went through. They all finally found their way.