Saturday, May 22, 2010

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...



photo courtesy of www.starwarsinconcert.com

Today, my mom, Andrew and I went to see Star Wars in Concert, a totally awesome show that combines a live orchestra playing the Star Wars soundtrack with scenes from all six movies and narration by Anthony Daniels (the actor who played C3PO) who was actually there in person. I'm a huge Star Wars geek so this was a pretty great experience. My face had a huge smile plastered on it for pretty much the entire concert. The live orchestra playing the music from the movies was so amazing--I got chills on more than one occasion and not just because the arena was FREEZING!

photo courtesy of www.starwarsinconcert.com

The Death Star--artwork at the exhibit on the arena concourse

Naboo, Padme Amidala's home planet

Yoda!

Han Solo frozen in carbonite--the actual movie prop

Chewbacca, the Wookie

C3PO--the actual suit Anthony Daniels wore

an outfit worn by Queen Amidala

Stormtroopers hanging out with Darth Vader

Andrew harvesting the Force (he may be an even bigger Star Wars geek than me)

It was a really cool experience (I wonder how many different ways I can say "this concert kicked ass"?). I'm so glad I saw the commercial advertising it on TV a few weeks ago. I rarely pay attention to commercials or to what events are coming to Wichita's new Intrust Bank Arena, so I could have easily missed that this show even exists, let alone that it was coming HERE!

Good night...and may the Force be with you.

No comments: