Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yes I know

I haven't posted in forever. I really have no good excuse like "I was out rescuing kittens from trees," "I was reading to the elderly in assisted-living facilities" or "I was needed at a very important UN Conference in New York for the Seventh Session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues." (I wasn't invited)

I guess the best answer is still the "funk" that I allude to on occasion. That guy loves to mess with all the things I find enjoyable. I need to kick its ass, but am struggling to get my foot off the ground.

Anyway, I have lots to post about, but first I will fulfill my blogger duty as a tag-ee. My friend Jodi tagged me. Here are the rules:

*Link to the person who tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog .
*Write six random things about yourself.
*Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
*Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
*Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

This should be relatively easy since I'm fairly new to blogging and haven't given too much of myself away yet. Plus, I continuously have random thoughts, so I'm pretty sure I will have to force myself to stop at six.

1. I am very anal about grammar and spelling. I always notice grammar errors, and it irritates me when I find mistakes. It doesn't bother me so much when the writing is in an informal setting, like emails or blogs, but billboards, signs, newspaper articles, reports for work, etc., those mistakes drive me crazy. And, it drives me crazy when I make them to. (too!) (haha!) This anal-ness about grammar and spelling also extends into my text messaging. I never use "u" for "you" or "ru" for "are you". Again, I don't mind so much if others do it, but I just can't bring myself to.

2. I'm a chickenshit (sorry for the profanity). I love to watch scary movies, but am a big scaredy-cat. I can't watch them alone, prefer not to watch them in the dark and would really like to be able to fast forward through the scary parts and then rewind it once I know what's going to happen. Since most people probably wouldn't put up with this, it means that I'm watching the thing with my eyes averted when it gets stressful! And I don't mean just the really scary ones like Saw; I mean even goofy, retarded scary ones like Friday the 13th. But, I'm a glutton for punishment and watch them anyway.

3. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! 'Nuf said.

4. I'm left-handed. Not too random I suppose, but only about 13% of the population is left-handed. I'm an oddball and I like it! Being left-handed means I'm more likely to be schizophrenic, an alcoholic and delinquent, but it also means I'm more likely to excel at sports and arts and be more intelligent (I agree with this last one the most!) Being left-handed does contribute to an odd quirk of mine. I sometimes have difficulty distinguishing right from left when asked to do so quickly. I remember one time when I was just learning to drive and my mom told me to get in the left lane and I got in the right lane and almost missed my turn-off. Plus, I have to think about which direction West and East are in comparison to North and South. Weird, but true.

5. I love traveling to Europe. I went the first time with my French class when I was 16. I fell in love. I've been back only three times since then and must go back soon or I will die. My favorite city to visit is London. I love everything about it (except how expensive it is). I love the history of it: Westminster Abbey, The Tower of London, The National Gallery, etc. I've been there enough times and for long enough that I can ride the Underground and not have to look at a map to know which stop I'm getting off at. My favorite painting The Lady of Shalott is in London at the Tate Gallery. If I lived there I would visit her every day. I hope to be able to go back sometime in 2009. I would love to go to London again, but might go to Paris or Italy instead. I'm not sure yet, but MARK MY WORDS I will get there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I'm slightly OCD, but I'm horrible at it. My books on my bookshelf must be in alphabetical order (even if it means moving them all down a row); same goes for my DVDs. My closet right now is arranged by color. That is not always the case, but has been so for several months now. At work I have to fill out "Chronos" about all the activity I have with a client. If I mess up a word I have to white it out and re-write it. Plus, I hate liquid white-out because it's too messy. The reason I'm horrible at being OCD is that I get bored with it. My clothes will eventually migrate back to being a mixed mess. I'll end up throwing a new book on top of the ones already in a row. I'll buy a new movie and put it next to Zoolander (except I don't really own Zoolander). But, eventually, the CHAOS of it will drive me back to re-organizing all of it over again.

I'm not sure I have six other blogs to tag, although I read lots of blogs (mostly preemie blogs linked to Jodi).

I'm tagging:
Keri (just her myspace page, but she's awesome anyway!), Jeanne, Laura, um...um...okay...that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put up a six random things post in response to your tag. It's the second post down because I also did a post about my missing toad.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I'll try to get to it this weekend. But I'm so lame I don't know how to lonk to other people in my blog, but I'll give you a shoutout!