Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 2: Kerry's an idiot (and a birthday celebration)

So Day 2 of Texas was actually worse than Day 1. Well, for me anyway...and for a reason that was entirely my fault. I swear, sometimes I never learn. I was so hungover from drinking the night before (and morning). I was a zombie all day. And, believe it or not, I've never actually been physically sick from drinking. While the details of most of the night (and morning) are either fuzzy or missing completely, I had the pleasure of remembering in great detail vomiting violently for quite some time in the yard (sorry Aunt Linda) while the cousins took turns holding my hair back. Ahh...the joys of being intoxicated. So, Sunday was almost a complete bust as I tried to recover from what was most likely about 1 drink away from severe alcohol poisoning (I may be smart, but I'm not too bright).

Sunday's redeeming qualities included lasagna for dinner and celebrating three birthdays: my grandpa turned 83 on the 7th, my cousin Bryan turned 29 on the 11th and my dad turns the big 60 on the 20th.


I felt so crappy that I didn't exercise for the first time in over a month. I went to bed early and felt human again the next day. Lesson learned: Vodka is not my friend and lasagna and cake taste better when you're not hungover.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lesson learned??? I hope not until just the next time.