Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What happened to my funny and witty posts?

Boyfriend and I are going to Kansas City on Friday! I'm excited because we will get to eat at my favorite place: Jersey Boyz. I don't know what it is about that place, but I LOVE it. It's just a sub-sandwich restaurant, but man, it's good. I'm not sure what else we will do (besides eat), but I think we will have a good time. It's been a long time since we've done anything besides hang out at home; we're already like an old married couple. I'm going to try to remember to take pictures so I can blog about it (although I'm sure we won't do anything too exciting). I just hope it's not too cold.

My aunt is recovering from her surgery and should go home tomorrow. I don't know when she will go back to get reconstructive surgery, and I'm not sure why they don't do it all at once. I need to research it some more. She didn't have to have any lymph nodes taken out so that's good news. I'm so thankful her doctor caught the lump early. The doctor said if they wouldn't have found it until next year's exam, it would have been a much different prognosis. Really shows how important it is to get those dreadful exams every year.

I'm doing pretty good on my "diet"; I put it in quotation marks since I haven't really committed myself to it yet. I've been eating better (and a lot less!) and have been taking Bailey for walks after work every night. We missed tonight's walk though; it was just too cold! Of course, the "diet" is off while I'm in Kansas City--there's too much I want to eat: Jersey Boyz, Jose Peppers, Cheesecake Factory, Sheridan's Frozen Custard (the bomb-diggity of all frozen custards), just to name a few.

My March for Babies fund-raising has gotten off to a pretty good start. I'm at $125.00 right now. Thanks to those who've already donated! It's such a good cause. I can't imagine a world without Olivia in it, and the research done by the March of Dimes had a big part in her survival. That and her sheer determination!

Here's some random old family pictures for your viewing pleasure:

My cousin Stacy, my grandma and me

Me, my brother Josh and my cousin Stephanie

My cousin Wendy and my cousin Stacy

Me and my grandpa

An interesting story: I don't know why I remember this, but I always eat donuts by eating around the center of the hole. Why you ask? I remember my grandpa telling me that the hole is the best part of the donut so you should save it for last! He probably doesn't remember that, but I do and to this day I leave the hole of the donut for last. Of course if you notice in the picture, my grandpa isn't taking his own advice!!

The only cousin not pictured is Bryan. He's the youngest and wasn't even born at the time these pictures were taken, and I couldn't find a picture of him as a baby on our computer. He was a cute little guy though.

Okay, well here's my absolutely boring, totally random post. I've enjoyed our time together. Until next time, Mariska Hargitay and goodnight.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love to see old pictures. Too cute!

Jodi said...

You know, I don't think I have ever seen baby pictures of you or Stacy. The pictures always started in kindergarten when I met you. I enjoyed looking at them. Have fun this weekend!!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Have a great time in Kansas City! Enjoy Jersey Boyz!