Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jump Rope for Butt

When I was a little kid I remember raising money for the American Heart Association with the Jump Rope for Heart campaign. Okay, well maybe it was only the one time, but I remember it because my friend Jodi and I got our picture in the paper.

Anyway, I started jumping rope the other day because it's been too hot to take walks until about 9:30 at night. Jumping rope is supposed to be awesome cardio. Can I just say that it's awesome for your butt too? Man, my butt was so sore after the first day; hell, I only jump for about a total of 4-5 minutes (Hey, don't laugh until you try it-it's not quite as easy as when you were a kid), but wow, it really works your butt. I had no idea! It's my new favorite exercise. Buns of steel, here I come!
P.S. I didn't really eat only a handful of carrots and a spinach leaf yesterday, just in case you were worried about me extreme dieting. Ha! I love food too much to eat that little.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I still have that newspaper article. LOL. A few years ago, I tried jump roping. . .wow, how did we do it back then? That has to be one of the greatest exercises there is!!

Linda said...

I would try to jump rope but would probably catch my toe on it and fall flat on my face. My owies from July 4th aren't all healed yet.