Sunday, July 11, 2010

Some progress

Awhile back I blogged about wanting to change some things. Well, I haven't done much of what is on my list, but I have started to really make some progress on the diet and exercise. I think I'm doing better on the dieting, but the exercise will come in time, I hope. I've been taking Bailey on walks almost every day and also walking on the treadmill some too. I just really want to start amping up the cardio though and haven't yet been able to. Baby steps I suppose. There's a website that I've been using to track my diet and exercise called Sparkpeople.com that is a pretty big pain in the butt actually, but it seems to be helping me eat healthier. I think I've lost about 3 pounds since starting on June 26th. I say "think" because I didn't bother to weigh myself when I started and just guessed my starting weight. Then about four days ago I finally weighed myself using my Wii and discovered I weighed more than I thought I did. Oh joy. I'm down 3 pounds since then, but I weighed myself earlier in the day than last time so who knows? I also read an interesting article about hypothyroidism and how losing weight becomes much harder when your thyroid doesn't work right. Great. Just great. As if losing weight hasn't been a hard enough battle, now I actually have a medical reason for it, not just me being a lazy ass.

I have also been a bit more social. In June I went to Heather's fundraiser and a few days ago I went to see Eclipse with Jodi and Heather. Ah, Twilight, my guilty pleasure. I still need to do more things, but not having very many friends and having a boyfriend who'd rather chew glass than do something with other people kind of puts a damper on that goal. I'll continue to work on it.

Andrew and I are still talking about taking horseback riding lessons. Talking is all we're doing about it. Maybe someday...

So, a little bit of progress. Not so sedentary, which is good. I hope I can continue to get more active.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I think you are doing a fabulous job so far!!! And remember we still have a Twilight marathon coming up. Oh, and Ryan is going to be out of town for a week next month, maybe we can plan something then!

Laura said...

I agree with Jodi. Sounds like you are making progress on your goals and just the fact that you made goals is great. BTW, I think you are stunningly beautiful. And you are definately a beautiful friend to Jodi. Thanks for that.