Thursday, June 12, 2008

Growing Girl




I got to spend some time with my friend Jodi and her daughter Olivia this week. Olivia is growing, growing, growing. She's almost 13 1/2 pounds and 25 1/4 inches long. She's doing really well with communicating and is always smiling, laughing or "talking". She's quite the little observer too and likes to check out everything around her. She's doing just fine with her motor skills too although she doesn't like to use her arms too much and hasn't quite "grasped" the concept of reaching for toys. She'll figure it all out soon enough though I'm sure. They are back to patching her eyes four hours a day to strengthen the muscles to see if they can't correct her strabismus (cross eye). If that doesn't work, glasses will be the next thing and then possibly surgery. I just hope for the best possible vision for her.

All tuckered out after a doctor's appointment.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Not to mention that Olivia LOVES you! She just seems so content with you and she isn't like that with many people anymore. I know she's captured your heart. . but, I think you've captured hers as well.