Saturday, June 7, 2008

KS K9 Res-Q Picnic

Am I seeing double?

You sure look familiar.

I think I'm the cuter one.

Bailey and her sister Chloe

I went to the annual KS K9 Res-Q picnic today. Bailey's litter mate Chloe was there! I adopted Bailey from KS K9 a little over three years ago when she was 12 weeks old. She had a sister that was available too, and I so wanted to adopt both of them, but just didn't think it was feasible. A couple adopted Chloe soon after I got Bailey. Then 2 weeks ago the couple decided they couldn't keep Chloe so they called KS K9 to give her back. So now Chloe is back with her and Bailey's foster parents and is up for adoption again. She is so sweet and looks almost exactly like Bailey. She's slightly bigger, has even bigger ears if you can imagine that and is much lighter in color. I really wish I could adopt her now, but since I'm living with my parents it would mean having three big dogs in the house. Luckily there is a really nice couple who have two lab mix dogs that are seriously thinking about taking her. I just can't imagine owning a dog for three years and suddenly giving her up. How could you do that? I loved Bailey the moment I saw her picture. You would take her away from me when you pried her from my cold, dead hands. There's nothing that could make me give her up. She's my family!

Anyway, the picnic was fun. Bailey's foster parents who rescued her from the Animal Shelter always enjoy seeing her. Bailey does well around other dogs, but does tend to think smaller dogs look like squirrels and wants to chase them, but she gets over that once she sniffs their butts and realizes they're dogs! I will forever be grateful to KS K9 for rescuing Bailey from the animal shelter and letting me be her forever home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want Chloe!! Put her on a plane to Minnesota!