Monday, June 16, 2008

Totally Random Facts

Did you know:

1. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States? (And every person owes two credit card companies their first born and half their paycheck every week.)
2. According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction? (Hmm...something to do with returning to work?)
3. The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C. (Yeah, I think abstinence would have been my method instead...)
4. "Stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts." (Yeah people! Turn your stress into dessert!)
5. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. (For those of us whose bathrooms are not 6 feet long, we're shit out of luck--pun intended.)
6. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV. (See Mom! I knew sleeping was good for me!)
7. The average person spends about 2 years on the telephone in a lifetime. (Unless you're me; then you spend 2 years of your life avoiding the telephone.)
8. The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet. (Now that's just cool.)
9. Cats can hear ultrasound. (_____________________ -Did you hear that, Kitty?)
10. On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonald's BigMac bun. (I wonder if someone got paid to do such important research?)
11. Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell. (Sadly some of my clients never progressed past the single cell phase of development.)
12. Kansas State law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights. (Now this is an important law. I hate it when those damn pedestrians forget to turn on their tail lights.)

1 comment:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Very interesting. Loved all the random facts. I think I have spent more then 2 years on the telephone though!