Sunday, May 25, 2008

Logan William



I went to visit Logan today. He is Jodi's son and the twin brother of Olivia. You can see the love that his family has for him. He's got beautiful flowers and cute little trucks. I gave him a stuffed giraffe and a white rose. I don't think we will ever understand why he couldn't be here with his family. Why do some babies live while others must die? People say God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I'm not sure I agree. Who can "handle" the loss of a child? You can learn to cope. You can learn to maybe even accept it. But "handle" it? I don't guess I know quite what that means. I wish with all of my heart that Jodi did not have to "handle" the death of a son. Forever grateful for her daughter, she will forever mourn the loss of her son.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Thank you, Kerry. That means a lot to me.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Oh, that is so sad!
Having twins I just can't imagine the pain of losing one. My son just asked me last night, Why does God let a mother carry a baby, give birth to have the baby die? I know this is very hard to understand, except that everything is on God's timing. I agree with you, I don't know of anyone that can handle the death of their child. Cope is a much better word!
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Very well said Kerry.

Marilee