Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Mask

What if the man you loved for the past ten years ended up being a totally different person than you thought he was? Is it possible for someone to hide his true self from the world for that long? I guess it is possible because someone very dear to me is going through this exact situation. Her husband recently revealed to her that he had been having an affair for several months. Not only that, but apparently he has been lying about many other things and has turned out to be someone totally different than the man she thought he was. She is completely heart-broken and her world has been shaken to its core. I wish there was something I could do to take away her pain. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling. She believes her husband never truly loved her and their whole life together has been a lie. I don't know all the details yet, but I hope with all my heart she's not right. I already feel like beating the crap out of this guy, I'd really hate to have to do something worse. Watch out Dude, I know people.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know why many of us have to endure such hardships in life. Please tell her that she'll be in my prayers.