Friday, May 23, 2008

Too Damn Early

Yes I'm blogging at 6:30 in the morning. If you read the True or False post, you realize I am NOT a morning person. I've been awake since, oh, 5:00 (that's A.M. folks). I finally decided to just get up. Let's see, list of depression symptoms (off the top of my head):

1. change in sleep? a (waking up all night long is not fun)
2. reduced interest in previously enjoyed activities? a (I used to be able to read a book in a couple of days. Now? IF I get through one it takes weeks)
3. sadness lasting longer than 2 weeks? a (BLAH!)
4. change in appetite? r (I could only be so lucky to lose my appetite)
5. thoughts of death or suicide? r (I'm not stupid people)
6. reduced ability to concentrate? a(Yeah, I'm convinced I've developed ADD)
7. being a complete lazy ass? aa(Nobody buy me a gym membership for awhile okay?)

About two years of this is about to drive me crazy. Stupid thing is, I know that exercise makes me feel better (it kept the depression from about killing me about a year ago). I just can't seem to get moving. I actually get anxiety thinking about working out. Of course, I get anxiety thinking about driving on Highway 235 instead of Highway 135 so I'm a little nutty. Chemical imbalance is an odd thing. To think how important all that seretonin and stuff is up there in your brain. It's a wonder anyone is "balanced". Eh, well. I've complained long enough. I might as well get ready for work.

No comments: