Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My friend Jodi is a wonderful writer. Here is part of her blog today in honor of Mother's Day. She struggled with infertility for years, miscarried a triplet, lost her son Logan at one month and one day old and is brilliantly raising his micropreemie twin sister Olivia, who is the most awesome baby on the planet.

On this day, please enjoy your celebrations, tell your mother that you love her, but also say a prayer for those to whom motherhood is still a dream.

To the women unable to experience the joy of that pregnancy test finally being positive -

To the women exhausted by failed attempts month after month after month -

To the women who have experienced the pain of miscarriages -


To the women who have given birth to children and were never able to take them home -

To the women who have never held their child in their arms -

To the women whose children have gone before them to heaven -

To the women left heartbroken by failed adoptions -

To all of the 'mothers without children'. . .whatever the reason. . .Today, I honor YOU.

To my own mother I would like to say, "Thank you for being my mother, my confidante, my therapist, my caretaker and my friend. There are things I simply would not have been able to do on my own especially recently and your support makes all the difference in the world. Thank you for that."

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thank you, Kerry. That means a lot.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome; I love you too