Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A dog at my feet

Bailey doesn't want me to blog tonight because she is tired and ready to go to bed. I think I agree. I'm pretty sleepy myself for no good reason (other than the fact that I like to sleep). I'm excited for tomorrow though. I'm leaving work early to go hang out with my friend Jodi and her daughter Olivia. Olivia is such a cutie, and I'm excited to see how much she's grown since I saw her last. She is a micropreemie and was born at 23 weeks gestation. Her twin brother Logan died in September, but he must have given her his strength because Olivia is now home and thriving. She's a little over six months old and weighs about ten pounds, almost ten times her birth weight! She has passed test after test with flying colors. Her ROP (an eye problem many micropreemies develop) regressed on its own without surgery, she has no hearing issues, she shows no signs of cerebral palsy and she seems to even be conquering her feeding issues that almost every micropreemie goes through. And she's GORGEOUS to boot. I feel very privileged to be able to spend time with her as she is in almost total isolation right now until June (micropreemies are very susceptible to illness, especially RSV, which incidentally is at peak levels in Wichita this year). Her parents have done a wonderful job of protecting her.Well, I'm off to bed. Bailey is sleeping under my feet, but is "talking" to me with her Wookie noises. She's telling me she wants to go to bed. Hmm...I think I will post a random picture below this. For some reason I don't want Olivia's picture above the picture of you-know-who from my last post.

Here's a picture of my car.

No comments: