Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Water Bearer

My mom sent me an email with personality traits for all of the Zodiac signs. It's odd how fitting some of them are. Hey I'm a believer. Well okay, in all honesty, I'm one of those who reads a horoscope and says, "Wow! It tells me I'm supposed to go out with friends tonight. How does it DO that?! I am going out with the girls tonight!" And then, when it says something like, "you will develop a more personal relationship with a coworker on the 5th" I scoff and say, "Horoscopes are dumb. There's no way a Zodiac sign can be accurate for everybody born at a certain time of the year. No way."

Well, here's another example of my wishy-washy-ness (It's a word. Look it up.):

AQUARIUS - The Sweetheart (Jan 20 - Feb 18) Optimistic and honest. Sweet personality. Very independent. Inventive and intelligent. Friendly and loyal. Can seem unemotional. Can be a bit rebellious. Very stubborn, but original and unique. Attractive on the inside and out. Eccentric personality.

Wow I say! It's pretty much dead on. Er well except I'm not optimistic. Quite the opposite in fact. A pessimist says the glass is half empty? Well, I say the glass is half empty and it's got a stupid crack in it and all the liquid is leaking out and puddling on the floor, and when I get up to (insert random task here), I slip on the liquid and fall on my butt. Right in front of that coworker who I'm supposed to develop a more personal relationship with on the 5th. BUT, everything else is dead on. With the exception of "very independent." I've apparently failed at this one too (See previous post about selling house and moving back in with parents at age 30). Oh and the inventive part. I don't think I've come up with an original idea in my life. And the attractive part. Have you seen me?! Ha ha. Okay so I'm jesting with that one. I think I'm hot. I check myself out at least 30 times a day. Ahem. Yeah. Anyway, so yeah, this pretty much describes me: pessimist (I prefer 'realist'), honest, intelligent, loyal (to a fault at times), odd (you can say eccentric, but I know what you mean Horoscope-writer!), a bit rebellious (I'd say more 'non-conformist'), and can definitely come across as unemotional (or even snotty), but really I'm just not good at expressing emotion. It's just awkward and weird feeling (I did mention 'odd' right?).

Okay. Back to work for me. Horoscopes and Zodiac signs totally get things wrong. My Aquarius traits don't mention procrastination anywhere! And I'm a professional at that!



1 comment:

Jodi said...

Although we are both Aquariuses (is there a plural form?) and are an awful lot alike. . .hmmm. The love of sleep, reading, writing, animals. We used to get mistaken for sisters. Maybe we should write our own descriptions of an Aquarius.